Saturday, March 8, 2014

Showing What You Know, Assessments for Deeper Learning



This week we explored some "nontraditional" forms of assessing knowledge, specifically deeper knowledge. The two areas I explored were earning digital badges and high school senior year portfolio defense.  Both these topics are reviewed in my Storify entitled Showing What You Know .  

The concept of digital badges has many practical implication for education.  Badges can be earned by teachers as a professional development measure.  Teachers can develop badges which can be earned by other teachers and pre-service teachers.  Students can earn badges as part or all of their class work.  I envision myself learning more about badges in the future in my own lifelong learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment