Sunday, July 6, 2014

What Should My Digital Portfolio Include?

Image by David Mulcahy


As I begin to develop my digital portfolio my first goal I have is to reflect on who I have become as a digital citizen.  This year I have learned about many facets of instructional technology and digital media literacy in the IT&DML 6th year program at the University of New Haven in West Haven, CT.  At this point I would like to go back and review all my digital artifacts to explore the digital identity I have created over the past year.  

Midway through the program I created this graphic.

 

The first process I will undertake is to reread and reflect on the multimodal activities I have completed.  I think this process will help me reflect on the digital identity I have created.  In a sense I want to take the time to figure out who I am on the World Wide Web.

The second goal for my e-portfolio may be to frame my past work to present my future self.  In a way I may be introducing myself digitally to an audience.  I am still in the beginning stages of knowing who I want to be and who my audience should be.

The third goal for my digital portfolio may be to have a model for teachers or students.  As an instructional coach I am in a unique position to "pass the word on" about the benefits of e-portfolios.  I firmly believe that I must go through the process myself to be better able to teach others how to develop a portfolio.  As with any concept or idea I think the learner becomes a better teacher after struggling to understand the deep meaning of that concept or idea.

I look forward to this work and hope to gain insights about who I am...digitally speaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment