Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Quick Tutorial On iMovie Trailer

This week I was given the task of creating a short tutorial on an app which students and/or adults might find useful.  The first lesson I learned is that I give too much detail when describing a process. Although I know in my head that less is often more, I don't always practice that phrase. My video is 10 minutes long.  I used a Nikon Coolpix digital camera, set on a tripod, to film the iPad screen.  I have yet to figure out how to do a screencast video on the ipad, so I resorted to what I knew about the equipment I had.  I also remembered that uploading and downloading video to Youtube takes some time.  You may view my tutorial on the iMovie trailer here.



At another time I will need to trim the video down. All I can say is that editing takes more time than I often think it will take.  The purpose of this video was to teach the technical aspects of iMovie trailer.  There is the whole aesthetic side of making video content.  This is a demonstration of the technical steps involved with iMovie trailer. Here is another video which I spent more time on the creative content.  NHPS Math Online .



No comments:

Post a Comment